Sound & Lighting
|1. Will you personally be the DJ for our
Yes. Kelly will be the DJ for your Wedding Reception.
2. If the answer is no: When can we meet the DJ who will work at my reception so I can see if I feel comfortable with that person?
3. If you are not talking to the disc jockey, also ask:
If the disc jockey we want no longer works for your company when our wedding comes up, what will you do?
4. If you are talking to the disc jockey that will work at your reception:
Do you DJ full-time?
No. People hire mostly hire DJs on the weekends, so I have a second job during regular business hours.
5. What do you do the rest of the week?
I am an aviation mechanic
6. What kind of experience, background, and education do you have?
I have been a professional DJ since 1995. I received training from a well respected local disc jockey company and worked there for 2 years before striking out on my own. In addition, I have training in music theory and the history of Classical music and Jazz.
7. Have you received any formal classroom training as a disc jockey?
No, but I do have music related education at a college level (see above)
8. How long have you been a disc jockey, and how many weddings have you performed at?
I have been a DJ since 1995, and have performed at an estimated 200 weddings.
9. Have you handled events of my type and size before?
I have handled weddings of all sizes and types.
10. What are the reasons you think we should hire you?
We offer exceptional, personalized service, working with you to make your celebration fun and memorable for you and your guests. Almost anyone can play music, but we integrate your favorite games and traditions in a way that makes the reception uniquely yours. (Plus, we have a really cool lighting set up!)
11. Do you also Emcee the reception?
Yes, if desired
12. How many consultations do you provide in your package prices?
As many as you need
13. Do you provide an entertainment planner?
14. Do you come to my home or business to go over the entertainment planner?
Yes, if desired
15. Do you carry liability insurance?
16. Are you a member of your local Chamber of Commerce or BBB?
17. (deleted due to national irrelevance)
18. What time do you arrive to setup your equipment?
At least three hours before the show begins. This time can be adjusted to suit your needs.
19. Hours of service: 4, plus up to 2 hours dinner music
20. Do you wear a suit and tie?
Yes, if desired
21. How many songs do you have in your library?
Approximately 100,000, but we don't bring them all to every show.
22. What format is your music in? (i.e. records, cassettes, CD)
23. Do you provide cocktail/ dinner music?
24. Do you provide a wireless microphone for speeches?
Yes, if desired
25. Do you bring backup equipment with you?
26. Are basic effects lighting included?
We include much more than "basic" lighting effects!
27. Do you offer lighting and sound upgrades?
No. Everything is available for one low price. We use our best equipment at every show we do.
28. How many people will cover the event?
29. Is a retainer required? If so, how much?
30. When is the retainer due?
Upon signing the contract
31. May I make partial payments?
32. When is the final payment due?
The night of the show if you pay with cash or a money order. If you would like to pay with a personal check, please plan on paying at the final consultation.
33. Is gratuity included in the price?
No. Gratuity is a way of offering thanks for exceptional service.
34. If not, what is the percentage of the service charge? N/A
35. What percentage are the taxes? N/A
36. What is the overtime charge?
$200/hour if booked before contract signing, negotiable the night of the event.
37. Are there any additional charges not mentioned? (i.e. travel)
If you require something exceptional, we will discuss appropriate charges.
38. Do you provide a written contract and guarantee?
39. What are the refunds/cancellation terms?
The retainer is non refundable, unless we cancel the contract. The contract is subject to cancellation only by proven detention by: sickness, accidents, death, riots, strikes, epidemics, acts of God, bad weather, or any other legitimate conditions beyond the DJ' s control. The retainer will be refunded and considered total liquidated damages in the event of non-performance by the DJ due to forgoing catastrophes or any other reason. The retainer will not be refunded for outdoor shows canceled due to bad weather, and payment in full is expected if the cancellation is not made at least thirty (30) days prior to the event.
40. Cost: $850-$950 standard, $1200 for holidays (please contact us to determine whether or not your date is charged at a holiday rate)
41 Ask yourself: Has the disc jockey addressed your personal concerns satisfactorily?